Day after day, working out can feel like a chore. Yet fitness devotees somehow manage to motivate themselves to get regular exercise (the only kind that gives you results)!!
Let’s look at the tricks, so you’ll (almost) never miss a workout again.
- Don’t put away your gear – Visual cues are a wake-up call to your brain. We all have competing priorities. Sometimes we need a reminder to keep exercise at the forefront.
- Can you turn your commute into a work-out? – Running, walking, or biking somewhere can make exercise feel more time efficient.
- Invest in more workout clothes – Having the right clothing doesn’t just remove a hurdle; it reinforces your identity as an exerciser. When exercise is an integral part of your identity, it isn’t optional anymore. It becomes part of your life…part of who you are.
- Log your workouts – Social media offers an extra layer of support. For example, choose a social media platform (such as Facebook) or a fitness app and get into the habit of tracking your progress after your workout.
- Make friends with class or gym regulars – Get your social fix while doing physical activity. Both boost health and the better you feel, the more likely you are to want to continue.
These are just some of the ways to motivate yourself to exercise on a regular basis.
I hope you will find these helpful.
“Improve your body, improve your life.”