I love Nutella. I want Nutella on toast, on peanut butter, on more Nutella. Unfortunately, if I want to stay fit, I cannot eat this treat every day. Thankfully, I came across this recipe years ago and while it still counts as dessert and must be enjoyed in moderation, it satisfies my sweet tooth and let’s me think I’m getting the chocolaty-nutty fix I need. Here it is:
- 2 cups almond butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted to remove clumps
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, stirring well. You can also use a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, but it’s more fun to do by hand.
2. Spoon the mixture into little candy molds, flatten with a spoon, and cover with parchment or wax paper. Place the fudge into a pan and cover the surface with parchment or wax paper, pressing down evenly to flatten. Place in the freezer to chill. These should be stored, covered, in the freezer (otherwise they will get soft and mushy) where they would keep quite well for a long time if they didn’t always get eaten so fast.
Found in Raw Food – real world by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis (pick up this book asap – it has the yummiest recipes!)