If you can breathe, you can do Yoga…
There are so many myths out there regarding the practice of Yoga. A very common one is about having to be flexible, and to get twisted into various “pretzel” poses… Rest assured, this is the farthest thing from the truth.
It is by engaging in a consistent Yoga practice that you become more flexible.
Simple stretches practiced on a regular basis do improve your flexibility, and you’ll be surprised to see how quickly the body adapts!
Allow yourself 10 minutes of stretching in the morning when you wake up, and 10 minutes before bed time. You’ll notice the difference in no time at all (and maybe even feel a little bit taller each time)! If you can breathe, you can do Yoga! While Yoga provides an amazing S-T-R-E-T-C-H…
These are some of the other benefits that a regular Yoga practice provides:
1. Elongates the muscles.
2. Lubricates the joints.
3. Facilitates performance of every day movements.
4. Increases strength, stamina, flexibility & endurance.
5. Decreases stress and anxiety.
6. Helps with digestion.
7. Improves sleep.
8. Brings inner peace.
9. Increases circulation during postures, allowing greater oxygenation flow throughout the entire body.
10. Activates and relaxes every muscle and joint of the body.
11. Brings balance to the nervous and adrenal systems.
12. Increases body awareness and postural stability… and so much more!
When practicing Yoga, you experience an overall feeling of well-being and peace.
So go ahead, roll out your mat and start your practice by taking it nice and slow, respecting your limits, and being patient with your body. After all… it’s Yoga Practice, not Yoga Perfect!
HONOR AND LOVE YOUR BODY & SOUL!
Cover Photo: kinoyoga